I did the work for this tutorial in PSP version 9, but I am sure the technique would work in other versions as well. This tutorial uses Selections from the Alpha Channel. The canvas was saved as a psp, so should also work in version 8, although it was done in version 9 of PSP. It is a not a very long tutorial but if you save it frequently, you can always stop work on it and then go back to it at another time.
To do this tutorial, you will need a basic knowledge of PSP. You will also need my Supplies.
Unzip the Supplies into a folder of your choice. I usually make a folder with the name of the tutorial and put the supplies in there for easy access.
Remember to save often! You can save it as a pspimage in the folder of your choice. (This is another reason I have a folder with the name of the tutorial, so that I can also put my pspimages in it to save and "play" with later!) I later move the folder to within another folder that I keep all my tutorial folders and other PSP things in.
Note: We are just using two colors in this image and one Inner Bevel, so it is just repeating. Sorry, but it is a short and fairly quick image to do. This is a great way to use your imagination and see what variations you can come up with.
1. Open the heart_flowers_canvas_ssg.psp and duplicate it (hold down the Shift key and click on the D key), closing the original image. This is the image we will be working on. The colors I used are on their own layer, but feel free to use your own imagination.
2. Activate stems layer in the Layer Palette. Go to Selections/Load_Save Selections/Load Selection from Alpha Channel - load the stems selection. Fill with color #1. Deselect by going to Selections/Select None or by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the D key. Go to Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel. Use the following Inner Bevel settings: Bevel: 2; Width: 10; Smoothness: 35; Depth: 7; Ambience: 2; Shininess: 13; Color: white; Angle: 330; Intensity: 30; Elevation: 53.
3. Activate the middle stem layer. Load the middle stem selection. Fill with color #1. Deselect. Use the same Inner Bevel.
4. Activate the lg leaves layer. Load the lg leaves selection. Fill with color #1. Deselect. Use the same Inner Bevel.
5. Activate the sm leaves layer. Load the sm leaves selection. Fill with color #1. Deselect. Use the same Inner Bevel.
6. Activate the outer hearts layer. Load the outer hearts selection. Fill with color #2. Deselect. Use the same Inner Bevel.
7. Activate the middle heart layer. Load the middle heart selection. Fill with color #2. Deselect. Use the same Inner Bevel.
Congratulations! Your Heart Flowers are finished! Now you can delete the colors layer, and add a background and any embellishments you might want.
Thank you for trying my Heart Flowers tutorial. I hope you enjoyed yourself!
This tutorial was written January 10, 2011.
All the content on this Heart Flowers Tutorial site is protected by International Copyright laws. If photos or graphics were created by anyone other than Susie, it will be noted and the copyright will remain with the creator. Please respect these copyrights. Any similarity to any other tutorial is coincidental. You may download my tutorials for personal use. You may share them within a group, if you write and ask my permission first. The image you create from this tutorial is yours to do with as you please. I worked hard to create this image and to write the tutorial - it took many hours, so please respect my work.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions. Send email to susie