Tulip Mom Tag
I did the work for this tutorial in PSP version 9, but I am sure the technique would work in other versions as well. This tutorial uses Selections from the Alpha Channel. The canvas was saved as a psp, so should also work in version 8, although it was done in version 9 of PSP.
To do this tutorial, you will need a basic knowledge of PSP and my Supplies. In the supplies are the canvas psp and the items of a frame, print background, and a bow. You may use these supplies, or your own! Use your imagination!
Unzip the Supplies into a folder of your choice. I usually make a folder with the name of the tutorial and put the supplies in there for easy access.
Remember to save often! You can save it as a pspimage in the folder of your choice. (This is another reason I have a folder with the name of the tutorial, so that I can also put my pspimages in it to save and "play" with later!) I later move the folder to within another folder that I keep all my tutorial folders and other PSP things in.
1. Open the tulip_mom_tag_canvas_ssg.psp and duplicate it (hold down the Shift key and click on the D key), closing the original image. This is the image we will be working on. The colors I used are on their own layer, but feel free to use your own imagination.
2. Activate the stem layer in the Layer Palette. Go to Selections/Load_Save Selections/Load Selection from Alpha Channel - load the stem selection. Fill with the #1 or #0ca00c or a color of your choice. Go to Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel. Use the following settings: Bevel: 2; Width: 25; Smoothness: 10; Depth: 5; Ambience: 0; Shininess: 5; Color: white; Angle: 45; Intensity: 30; Elevation: 64. Deselect by going to Selections/Select None or by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the D key. Go to Adjust/Brightness/Contrast. Use these settings: Brightness: - (minus) 15; Contrast: 0. The bevel lightened the stem too much but this will darken it without changing the color.
3. Activate the leaves layer. Load the leaves selection. Fill with the color # 1 or #0ca00c. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 100; Blur: 35; Color:#065206 (# 2). Deselect.
4. Activate the cup layer. Load the cup selection. Fill with color # 1 or #0ca00c. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 100; Blur: 10; Color:#065206 (# 2). Deselect.
This is how the image should look at this time.
5. Activate the outside petals layer. Load the outside petals selection. Fill with the color # 3 or #fde0e0. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 100; Blur: 30; Color: #e89e9e (# 4). Deselect.
6. Activate the top petal layer. Load the top petal selection. Fill with the color # 3 or #fde0e0. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 100; Blur: 30; Color:#e89e9e (# 4) - (same Cutout just used). Deselect.
This is how the image should look now.
7. Activate the trim layer. Load the trim selection. Fill with the color # 4 or #e89e9e. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 100; Blur: 8; Color: #c66e6e. Deselect.
8. Activate the paper layer. Load the paper selection. Fill with the color #5. Float. Apply the following Cutout: V&H: 0; Opacity: 40; Blur: 20; Color: #c66e6e. Deselect.
9. Highlight the bottom layer, which should be the Raster 1 layer. Activate the lilac_marble_ssg.psp. Go to Edit/Copy. Activate the tag image and Paste as New Layer. Rename the layer "background". You may use your own print or colors.
10. Highlight the top layer, which should be the paper layer. Activate the bow_ssg.psp. Go to Edit/Copy. Activate the tag image and Paste as New Layer. Use the Mover Tool to move into place. You can put the bow where ever you want. Rename the layer "bow". Feel free to use one of your own bows.
11. Highlight the top layer, which should be the bow layer. Activate the frame_ssg.psp. Go to Edit/Copy. Activate the tag image and Paste as New Layer. Rename the layer "frame". Feel free to use one of your own frames.
12. When adding either text or your name to the note, Rotate it to the Left 30°.
Congratulations! Your Tulip Mom Tag is finished! You can now delete the colors layer and add embellishments you want.
Thank you for trying my Tulip Mom Tag tutorial. I hope you enjoyed yourself!
This tutorial was written April 29, 2011.
All the content on this Tulip Mom Tag Tutorial site is protected by International Copyright laws. If photos or graphics were created by anyone other than Susie, it will be noted and the copyright will remain with the creator. Please respect these copyrights. Any similarity to any other tutorial is coincidental. You may download my tutorials for personal use. You may share them within a group, if you write and ask my permission first. The image you create from this tutorial is yours to do with as you please. I worked hard to create this image and to write the tutorial - it took many hours, so please respect my work.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions. Send email to susie